Cinnamon Essential Oil
Ancient middle eastern cultures used Cinnamon Leaf for colds, flu, digestive issues, menstrual complaints, and as a general stimulant. Believed to be one of the oldest plants on Earth, it is still very popular for its various health benefits.
- Repels insects
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Origin: Ceylon
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Plant Description: The Cinnamon tree grows approximately 20 to 60 ft. high with small yellow flowers, leathery leaves, a thick body and reddish brown bark.
- Aroma: Sweet, spicy, and warm with woody undertones
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Pale brown
- Blends Well With: Clove Bud, Lavender, Cedarwood, Orange, Lemon, Neroli, Ylang-ylang, Rosemary, and Thyme
- Main Constituents: Eugenol: 82.8%
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: No
- Special Dilution Rate: 0.5%
- More safety info: Recommended use of 0.5% topically. Possible drug interactions. Cinnamon is a blood thinner and may complicate clotting disorders.